Summer is officially here on Sunday, so we're rounding up our fav photo-friendly events every Friday this summer in our weekly TO-DO LIST
Friday June 19
- Starting today and continuing on Fridays throughout the summer, there will be fireworks at Coney Island. Bone up on long-exposure photography and hit the beach!
Saturday June 20
- Also at Coney Island this Saturday, the famous annual Mermaid Parade will be raging. If you like costumes, floats, and spectacle in general, this is your event. Bring, like, 5 cameras with you.
- If you're looking to cool off and/or work up a sweat, dance late into the night to synth pop in Williamsburg at Synthesizers in the Rain.
- This weekend in Gowanus, there will be a night of theatre and dance with a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream. Until Sunday June 21.
- If you're musically minded, the NY Philharmonic is offering a free Concerts in the Parks series that just started, and you can catch the remaining shows until it ends on Wednesday.
- All cinephiles have a cause to celebrate with BAM's Cinema Fest, offering an impressive lineup of independent film screenings. Until Sat. June 28th
Tuesday June 23
- This Tuesday, Brooklyn Central and the Bushwick Community Darkroom have joined forces to offer a Darkroom Basics Crash Course. Come learn with us how to make prints from a developed roll of film through the darkroom process!
Friday June 26
- Next Friday, The BlowUp NYC continues its photography talk series. The theme is Subculture photography; ten photographers discuss their favorite "subculture" image.
Got any other suggestions for fun summer activities? Post em in the comments below!