Summer is officially here, so we're rounding up our fave photo-friendly events every Friday this summer in our weekly TO-DO LIST
Saturday June 27
- There's no party like an art party, and you have a couple of options this Saturday. First, warm up at MoMA PS1's first Warm Up music series, a dance party at the great Queens art space.
- There will also be a fun time to be had at the Gowanus Darkroom, where our very own Justin Lin will be serving up jams while you buy prints and explore the space.
- Another totally unique and quintessentially Brooklyn option is to create your own water tower! The Brooklyn Historical Society has put together this fun, late afternoon drink-and-art event.
Sunday June 28
- Fresh after the announcement of national marriage equality, Pride in NYC will be bigger and more exciting than ever. Sunday's parade will be the place to be. Find yourself a spot to watch and cheer and bring a camera because there will be unlimited photo ops. Commemorate this event on film, and then take our Crash Course: Darkroom Basics class to see all of the photos you captured.
Monday June 29
- Mondays don't have to be boring. Treat yourself after work by watching The Killers, a film noir classic, on the big screen in Bryant Park.
Tuesday June 30
- Fall into the rabbithole with a special exhibition on Alice in Wonderland at the Morgan Library. It's been 150 years since the famous story was published; track its progress over the years.
Thursday July 2
- Looking to add a whole new layer to your photography approach? Getting into the studio might be the thing you need. Learn all about lighting indoors for professional portraits and product shoots with our Field Guide IV: The Studio class.
Got any other suggestions for fun summer activities? Post em in the comments below!