Summer should be fun, so we're rounding up our fave photo-friendly events every Friday this summer in our weekly TO-DO LIST
Friday August 7
- Fun way to start the weekend: a free flamenco jazz concert on a historic tanker! Check out Pow! Portside Open Weekend's kickoff event.
Saturday August 8
- Spend the day listening to music at Governors Island with the Brooklyn Music Festival. It's free!
- Wow; there's another free music festival on Saturday! The TAMA Block Party takes place in Bed-Stuy.
- Get cultured and enjoy the outdoors with the Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival at Flushing Meadows Corona Park.
- Another awesome free music happening is Celebrate Brooklyn!'s tUnE-yArDs/Shabazz Palaces concert. Both acts put on an incredible live show.
Sunday August 9
- Keep it cool in the darkroom with our Analog Film Lab class, where you will learn how to shoot, process, develop, and print film. It's a great class that covers all the bases of analog photography.
- We will have our new PortraBox selfie station set up at Coney Island again this Sunday. If you haven't seen or heard about it yet, check out these awesome photos!
Tuesday August 11
- Love camp? Love the subway? The New York Transit Museum is hosting a special camp-themed evening event. Get your dose of mid-week nostalgia.
Wednesday August 12
- If you're a fan, you won't want to miss the Willy Nelson and Old Crow Medicine Show benefit concert for Celebrate Brooklyn!
Got any other suggestions for fun summer activities? Post em in the comments below!