Summer is officially here, so we're rounding up our fave photo-friendly events every Friday this summer in our weekly TO-DO LIST
Saturday July 4
- It's the 4th of July, and you know what that means: fireworks! Macy's is putting on the show from the East River again this year, so find a great spot and celebrate the holiday with friends and family!
Sunday July 5
- Need to zen out after a festive evening the night before? Take a free yoga class at Prospect Park. They'll continue each Sunday of July.
- Seinfeld is buzzing again with the release of all episodes on HULU, and the Brooklyn Cyclones are feeling the spirit. They'll host a second annual Seinfeld-themed evening with Salute to Seinfeld II: Bigger, Better & Bania, an evening full of baseball and laughs.
- More in the mood for theatre? Travel to Harlem in order to travel to Hispaniola, the setting for the Classical Theatre of Harlem's rendition of Shakespeare's The Tempest. The characters' longing for freedom takes on a whole new dimension by setting the play in Haiti.
Monday July 6
- Love dance? You'll love MOMIX's new show at the Joyce Theater. Alchemia is a beautiful blend of lights, dancing, music, and props. It will dazzle your senses.
Tuesday July 7
- The film Tangerine is getting a lot of buzz and not just because it was shot entirely on an iPhone 5S; it's also a thrilling modern narrative. It comes out on the 10th, but you can catch a rooftop preview at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
Wednesday July 8
- Beer fans will hop to the Craft Beer Jam this evening to see what the different boroughs have to offer.
- Bring your processed black-and-white film to our Darkroom Basics class to get a hands-on lesson on enlarging and printing!
Got any other suggestions for fun summer activities? Post em in the comments below!